Monday, February 16, 2015

Books of 2014

Graphic courtesy of Goodreads

'Seems I read constantly in 2014. Strangely, I've neither read nor written much so far in 2015. I'm sure I'll get over it soon.

Books for writing research


Covered with Glory: 26th N.C. Infantry
Camden: Historical Archaeology in the S.C. Backcountry
The Carolina Backcountry on the Eve of the Revolution (lovely 18th-century gossip and social history)
Bush River Monthly Meeting minutes 1772-1783 (unpublished manuscript)
Friends in Mexico
Costa Rica: a country without an army

Books for fun


Kathy Reichs' Bare Bones and Grave Secrets
George R. R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire series (I devoured all five books last summer!)
A Conspiracy of Paper (meh)
Love in the Time of Cholera (quirky romance steeped in historical setting)
Double Vision (middle-grade; read it before giving it to my nephew)
The Murder of the Century (well researched nonfiction)
The Last Camellia
The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (not finished)
On Her Majesty's Secret Service (my first James Bond book)
Skipping Christmas

Business and Life books

The Happiness of Pursuit
Hidden Treasures
279 Days to Overnight Success
The Daniel Plan
(I highly recommend this)
APE: Author, Publisher, Entrepreneur (finished from 2013 reading)



No comments: